Thursday, July 14, 2011

Smash Cake Prototype: Part Deux

Last night, I iced the second smash cake prototype.  I've been completely overdosing on cake and icing over the past week, so we needed to come up with a plan to get rid of this thing.  Luckily, I was scheduled to take dinner to our dear friends who just brought home their fourth child from China.  His name is Daniel, and he is ridiculously cute. 

Daniel and His Beautiful Mommy, Kristi
So I took the opportunity to make this a special cake for little Daniel.  This looks much more like what I plan to do for the babies' real smash cakes, which I'll be baking tonight.  I didn't put a ton of effort into making the base icing layer perfectly flat.  I'll probably be more obsessive about that tomorrow night when I ice the real cakes, but I still think this one looks really cute.



Notice the super fancy cake plate.

2 comments:

  1. that looks great! We'll have to swap icing tips one day, I love trying to decorate cakes (got it from my mom). One note - we did not put the cakes on plates for the babies - we put the cake directly onto the trays b/c they were really keen to pick up the plates right away. Will immediately tried to toss his plate overboard (surprise surprise).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed the cake by the way! Daniel was THRILLED to get to stick his fingers in the frosting. I've got pictures somewhere...

    ReplyDelete